With the temperature suddenly dipping this weekend, it was time to indulge in a warm soup and cozy up in the blankets. I normally prefer Tomato Basil Soup with some freshly baked garlic bread, but this time decided to try Cream of Spinach, one of my restaurant must-order items.
A simple and quick recipe, this recipe needs just three ingredients and some seasoning. Full of iron, it is great option to include in your everyday diet as well.
|Cream of Spinach Soup|
- 1 bunch Spinach / Palak leaves, washed.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar (Optional)
- 1/2 tbsp Butter (Can be avoided if you are vegan)
- 1/4 cup Table Cream (Can be avoided if you are vegan)
- In a pan, heat some butter and add the onions. Saute till brown.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook till they leave water
- Add some water and let the spinach boil.
- Keep aside and let it cook for sometime
- Blend this in the mixture and transfer into the pan again.
- Simmer at a low flame.
- Add the nutmeg powder, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Serve hot.
|Best served with Bruschetta|
|A cup full of Spinach Soup|
You can enjoy this recipe with our Spinach Garlic Bruschetta with Red Bell Pepper Sauce. This cobination is a great hit with the kids and can be enjoyed as a complete meal.