Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Three Berry Smoothie

The Berry Smoothie is a regular breakfast item for hubby and me, loaded with berries of course, walnuts and almond milk. As the name suggests, it is a combo of my favorite three berries and lots of milk. As soon as spring arrives, I love the sight of strawberries and other berries on the aisles at the supermarket. Try this quick berry smoothie which is also a huge hit with the kids. I also like to add a banana once in a while. You can also use regular milk, however based on Ayurveda, an ancient science from India, it is recommended not to mix fruit with milk. This was an eye opener for me and I thought I should share it with my readers.

You can also try this smoothie with the Hershey's strawberry syrup, when fresh strawberries are out of season.

Berry Smoothie

Ingredients
Three Berry Smoothie
  • 1 Banana, optional
  • 4-5 Strawberries, diced
  • 4-5 Blackberries, whole
  • 3-4 Blueberries, whole
  • 1 glass of Almond Milk
  • 4-5 Walnuts, soaked overnight

Method
  •  In a blender or bullet, mix all the ingredients and your smoothie is ready.Simple, isn't it?

A very berry smoothie! Fresh, vegan a great grab and go option.
Three Berry Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment